"Simple" Languages in FreeBSD - UPDATE

Allen bsd_atog at comcast.net
Sun Jul 3 20:27:20 UTC 2016

Hi,

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who took the time to reply
to my question. It means a lot to me, and I appreciate it. Thank you
everyone! I'm thinking what I'll do, is basically start out with Shell
Scripting, and once I've got that at least understood where I can edit
my boxe's Configuration Files, and not screw it up (Not really scared
of doing that, when I started learning Ruby I messed with every example
in each book I was reading through just to see what would happen, I'm
naturally curious like that ) and once I'm able to understand and write
decent scripts, I'm going to then toy with Perl, Python, and Ruby.

The reason I'm thinking all three, is that, well, for one, I like that
idea, but also it wouldn't hurt to know 3 different languages, as that
should make learning C a lot easier. My long term goal, is going to be
learning C, and maybe eventually some Assembler, but mainly C.

I really like what I would be able to do with Perl and Ruby, and
there's also quite a lot Python will do for me personally, so I think
this will be the steps:

Shell Scripting > Perl/Python/Ruby > C .... Profit! :)

Thanks again everyone, it was great to see some of the replies and
knowing it wasn't something everyone else got and I didn't in terms of
HOW to learn these things.

-Allen