"epilogue" script?

Terje Elde terje at elde.net
Fri Jan 29 23:35:48 UTC 2016

> On 29 Jan 2016, at 23:35, Valeri Galtsev <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu> wrote:
>
> How does one create "epoligue" script in FreeBSD. By "epoligue" script
> script I mean here the script that is executed after everything described
> in /etc/rc.conf is done

Could you be a bit more specific about what you're trying to do?

Also, not all Linux-refugees are aware, but FreeBSD has it's normal system start scripts in /etc/rc.d/, but similar scripts from ports etc, go in /usr/local/etc/rc.d. It seems likely that you'd want to put something there.

These scripts also have dependency-resolution, so you can have one script depend on functionality from others already being initialized.

Terje