freebsd console problem

Brandon J. Wandersee brandon.wandersee at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 17:38:43 UTC 2016

axl rose writes:

> Hello,
> i am running FreeBsd 10.2, i unstall xfce with pkg install xfce, when I
> start xfce everything works well, but when i logout from xfce i have blanck
> screen i can not get my console as before
> thank you

Check that you're using the vt(4) console driver, rather than the legacy
sc(4) driver. If you boot via UEFI, this should be enabled by
default. If not, the line

kern.vty="vt"

should be added to /boot/loader.conf. If you're using Intel graphics,
you'll need to install x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel as well.