Unexpected dependencies of graphics/libGL

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 19 07:53:19 UTC 2016

On 19/01/2016 06:34, Luís Fernando Schultz Xavier da Silveira wrote:
> Indeed. I avoid mixing ports and packages. In each jail I choose one
> method. But for the host I prefer ports.

Actually, it is no big deal to mix ports and packages, *so long as they
are built from compatible ports trees*.  That means similar ports tree
versions, make.conf settings and port options.  None of those has to be
identical, but the more changes you introduce along those lines the
greater the chance of problems.

One useful way of working is to make poudriere use /usr/ports as it's
default set of ports, eg:

% poudriere ports -l
PORTSTREE METHOD TIMESTAMP           PATH
default   svn    2016-01-18 16:40:49 /usr/ports

and make poudriere and direct compilation use the same options settings:

% ls -la /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/options
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  13 Dec 24  2012
/usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/options@ -> /var/db/ports

and synchronize the contents of /etc/make.conf and
/usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/make.conf

(Note: if you use package sets or some of the other more advanced
poudriere options, you may need to use some different filenames under
/usr/local/etc/poudriere.d -- it's all fairly obvious in practice though.)

With this setup, you can do an ad-hoc build of a port if you need it,
and be confident that it will interoperate with the packages installed
from your repo, given you did a 'poudriere bulk' and then a 'pkg
upgrade' after each update to /usr/ports.

	Cheers,

	Matthew