Build world release

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Sun Jan 3 15:17:18 UTC 2016

I have a system that I installed FreeBSD-10.2 from the amd64 memstick
image.

I then updated the system to FreeBSD-CURRENT using the instructions from
the online handbook, which worked well except having trouble with
mergemaster, but that is another story
.
I would like to create a snapshot based on CURRENT using this system so
I can use to install onto other systems.

This system has no ports installed what so ever, zip, nada, nothing ie
very clean system.

Which one of these methods would be better to use?

The following sequence of commands can be used to build a ``-CURRENT
snapshot'':

	   cd /usr
	   svn co svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/head src
	   cd src
	   make	buildworld buildkernel
	   cd release
	   make	release
	   make	install	DESTDIR=/var/freebsd-snapshot

OR

The following sequence of commands can be used to build a ``-CURRENT
snapshot'' in a clean environment,including ports and documentation:

	   cd /usr/src/release
	   sh release.sh

Thanks