ZFS + dovecot

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Thu Feb 18 21:13:20 UTC 2016

On 2/18/2016 4:08 PM, Paul Macdonald wrote:

>> How upto date is your OS ?
>
> 10.1-RELEASE-p26
> it's kept up to date daily,

I would probably go to 10.3R when it comes out. A lot of fixes and
enhancements to the ZFS code.

>> L2 SSD is hardly touched
>>
> i was hoping for significant benefits by adding a big SSD L2ARC, your
> metrics suggest this could have minimal effect.

It might in your case. It seems a lot of my data is able to be cached.
The disks are hardly very busy as I have a lot of RAM.

> are you running your services on SATA or SAS?

SATA and SSD for the cache and logging. Nothing special disk wise.

Oh, and yes, no way to defrag short of copying to a new raid set :(  But
I dont think your values sound too crazy.

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications, mike at sentex.net