Copying music from FreeBSD to an Xperia Z3

Eduardo Morras emorrasg at yahoo.es
Mon Feb 15 09:40:58 UTC 2016

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 15:37:05 +0100
Jens Schweikhardt <schweikh at schweikhardt.net> wrote:

> hello, world\n
>
> I want to copy some mp3 music files onto an Sony Xperia Z3. I naively
> assumed it would show up as a USB mass storage device when I plug the
> USB cable. But all I get in dmesg is
>
>   ugen0.4: <Sony> at usbus0
>
> How can I copy mp3 files from my FreeBSD box onto the device?

Install a light http server on your computer, thttp or similar. Use the phone navigator to download them.

The other way works too,

a) you can install a upload cgi on server or

b) install simplehttpserver on the phone and use the computer navigator (firefox, opera, whatever) to download from phone.

With the last one you can use wget or a download plugin on your navigator to make a backup of your phone.