Switch from legacy to UEFI boot??

Matthias Fechner idefix at fechner.net
Mon Feb 15 09:22:36 UTC 2016

Am 13.02.2016 um 23:22 schrieb krad:
> is the OS you are trying to boot a 10.3 snapshot or stable, or is it 10.2?

I'm booting a FreeBSD 10.2 kernel with a new boot1.efi bootloader.
Maybe there is really something in the kernel that is required.

> If 10.2 this maybe the problem as there are other bits in the bootstrap
> process that need to be updated I think. Try building stable, and put it
> into a new bootenv, activate it and reboot. Then from beastie select your
> 10.2 be and see if that works.

I tested it now with a completely fresh installed 10.3-beta2 image and
there it works.
So I will wait till 10.3 is available via freebsd-update to test it with
my setup.

The only difference I saw was that my efi partion has 128MB and the
standard efi partition the installer created 800KB.
Could this be a problem of disk-size (FAT12, FAT16, FAT32...)?

Gruß
Matthias

Rich Cook