Heimdal Kerberos Installed?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Feb 2 15:55:05 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 10:48:52 -0500, Rick Miller wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've discovered kerberos binaries in /usr/bin and /usr/sbin that had been
> presumed not installed as the build system utilizes NO_KERBEROS=YES in
> make.conf that built the resulting distribution based on the releng/10.0
> branch.  It had been presumed that kerberos bits would not be included
> outside of /usr/local where security/krb5 is being installed.
> [...]
> The problem is that it appears Heimdal Kerberos appears to be installed
> despite the presence of NO_KERBEROS=YES in make.conf.  Are there base
> kerberos bits that do get installed regardless of the existence of this
> knob?  Is there an expectation that this knob notation (as opposed to
> WITHOUT_KERBEROS) works with releng/10.0?

Did you check /etc/src.conf settings as well? From "man src.conf":

     WITHOUT_KERBEROS
             Set this if you do not want to build Kerberos 5 (KTH Heimdal).
             When set, it also enforces the following options:

             WITHOUT_GSSAPI (can be overridden with WITH_GSSAPI)
             WITHOUT_KERBEROS_SUPPORT

     WITHOUT_KERBEROS_SUPPORT
             Set to build some programs without Kerberos support, like cvs(1),
             ssh(1), telnet(1), sshd(8), and telnetd(8).

Also see WITHOUT_CRYPT and WITHOUT_OPENSSL entries in that file.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany