performed- Fwd: 2-Fwd: You have made error ...#### dd if=FreeBSD-11-RELEASE-amd64-memstick.img of=/dev/sdb1 bs=1M conv=sync

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sat Dec 31 01:06:41 UTC 2016

On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 01:11:26 +0100, swjatoslaw gerus wrote:
> 1.Author corrected your error not 11,but 11.0 -downloading

I cannot remember... O.o

> 2. with 1m -invalid argument  for both case  sdb1 or sdb

The unit prefix is in _no_ relation to the name of the
target device, but depends in the _implementation_ of dd
which obviously differs between FreeBSD, Linux, and Solaris.

That has already been discussed and solved.

> 3.dd with 11.0  ...of /dev/sdb   bs=1048576 ...
>    work  735 mb 74.181 sek

As expected.

> after  mount in  /mnt

_How_ did you mount the USB stick? As I wrote in one of
my initial replies: It's considered both reasonable and
polite to write to the list

	a) the _exact_ command you've used, and

	b) the _exact_ reply of the system (or reaction
	   of the system otherwise)

If you've actually mounted the _properly_ created USB
stick, you should have seen the FreeBSD-typical file
names.

> ls -.lsar   ... as before
> more  -some change
> Non system disk ,press any key to reboot

That's interesting, at least something happened. :-)

> or must after dd with sdb
>  mount sdb ? not mount name of device sdb1 from fdisk-l

If you run fdisk on the _properly_ created USB stick,
you should see a GPT layout with 4 partitions (at least
that's what the mini-memstick image creates for the 11.0
version of amd64, which I did use for illustration in my
previous reply).

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany