You have made error ...#### dd if=FreeBSD-11-RELEASE-amd64-memstick.img of=/dev/sdb1 bs=1M conv=sync

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Fri Dec 30 23:56:12 UTC 2016

On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 00:47:39 +0100, swjatoslaw gerus wrote:
> From: Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de>
>
> This is to be expected because the stick hasn't been
> prepared correctly. Again:
>
> 	# dd if=FreeBSD-11-RELEASE-amd64-memstick.img of=/dev/sdb bs=1M
> 	conv=sync
>
> is the correct command here. That kind of mistake can
> be summarized as "fat fingers"... ;-)
> ############
>
> You have made error

Please specify error.

Even if I may not have paid attention to which unit suffix
the Linux you are using made availabe for the dd command
(so "manually multiplying" bs=1M or bs=1m to bs=1048576)
doesn't have any relation to writing to the wrong device.

As with anything computer-related, no not simply cut & paste
with your eyes shut or your brain asleep. Always think
about what you're doing, it's an essential skill. ;-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany