Signatures

Felix Friedlander felixphew0 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 06:40:39 UTC 2016

> On 30 Dec 2016, at 5:27 pm, Specter via freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> Hello, I was wondering where you've posted your public signing keys? I have not been able to find them anywhere. And where can I find the signature files for your ISO's?
>
> Thanks,
> Spectral

To the best of my knowledge, FreeBSD ISO images are not signed. You can verify their integrity (to a degree) using the checksums (example: http://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/amd64/ISO-IMAGES/11.0/CHECKSUM.SHA256-FreeBSD-11.0-RELEASE-amd64 ).

The only “official” PGP key for the project (as far as I’m aware) belongs to the security officer, and is used for signing security advisories. You can find the key at https://www.freebsd.org/security/so_public_key.asc and the advisories at https://www.freebsd.org/security/advisories.html.

Feel free to correct me, anyone, if this is out-of-date or incorrect.

--
Felix Friedlander <felixphew0 at gmail.com>