Where can I get help for debugging system crash ?

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 21 14:02:11 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am running a FreeBSD 11 amd64 box. The box generally works well, but
once every while (about once a month), the system produces a crash, with
a large core file at /var/crash. I had a crash yesterday. The info.0 for
the the last core reads as :

Dump header from device: /dev/ada0p3
   Architecture: amd64
   Architecture Version: 2
   Dump Length: 1012834304
   Blocksize: 512
   Dumptime: Tue Dec 20 19:05:28 2016
   Hostname: bourne.1dent1ty
   Magic: FreeBSD Kernel Dump
   Version String: FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE-p1 #0 r306420: Thu Sep 29
01:43:23 UTC 2016
     root at releng2.nyi.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
   Panic String: page fault
   Dump Parity: 4025560426
   Bounds: 0
   Dump Status: good

/dev/ada0p3 corresponds to my swap partition. My box has 2 solid state
disks, which provide ada0p1 (efi), ada0p2 (ufs), ada0p3 (swap), ada0p4
(ufs) and ada1s1 (ufs).

I need help to determine exactly what is producing the crash - Is it
some hardware problem or some issue with the FreeBSD code ? If anyone
can help me get through to the right channel, I will be grateful indeed.

Regards
Manish Jain