ssl certificate

Vladimir Botka vbotka at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 08:24:07 UTC 2016

On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 10:28:11 +0530
Amitabh Kant <amitabhkant at gmail.com> wrote:

> Try https://letsencrypt.org/ .  It has a fairly broad acceptance.
>
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 10:24 AM, David Mehler <dave.mehler at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Right now I'm doing self-signed ssl certificates, with my own CA. This
> > works fine, but might break. I've got a user who will be connecting
> > via sftp and via https and who might be put off by the self signed
> > aspect.
> > I am wondering if there are any free ssl providers?

Port security/py-certbot (letsencrypt.org client) works fine for me.
FYI, Automatic Certificate Management Environment (ACME) is IETF
project https://github.com/ietf-wg-acme/acme/

FWIW, you might want to try my scripts and automate the renewal via
cron https://github.com/vbotka/le-utils. Available also as an Ansible
role https://galaxy.ansible.com/vbotka/leutils/.

There are also other letsencrypt clients
https://github.com/certbot/certbot/wiki/Links#other-lets-encrypt--acme-clients

HTH, Cheers,

	-vlado