Chromium pkg not updated...

mfv mfv at bway.net
Tue Dec 13 14:56:16 UTC 2016

> On Mon, 2016-12-12 at 22:52 Peter Harrison via freebsd-questions
> <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>Hello list.
>
>Anyone know why the chromium pkg doesn't seem to be being updated even
>though the port is?
>
>Cheers,
>

>Peter Harrison.

Hello,

I noticed the same situation and sent the following message to
freebsd-pkg yesterday:
---
Infrequently, I've noticed that the pkg system seems to get
constipation, that is, a build process is marked as stopped:done: but
the repository is not updated.

The data for the most recent incident follows:

According to http://pkg.freebsd.org/freebsd:10:x86:64/latest/ the
date/time of the last repository is dated 2016-Dec-06 10:16, that is, 6
days ago.

However since then there have two builds as per
http://beefy6.nyi.freebsd.org/jail.html?mastername=101amd64-default:

 Build#  stopped:done:
 ------  -----------------
 428092  2016-12-09  08:02
 428262  2016-12-11  08:10

Thus, the last build was finished more than a day ago.

But a 'pkg update' results in the following message:

Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up-to-date.
All repositories are up-to-date.

Just wondering why a build status is marked as stopped:done: but the
repository is not updated.

In any event I'm very pleased with the pkg system.  Many thanks and
kudos to the developers.
---
No reply so far.

Cheers ...