FreeBSD Firewalls

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Fri Dec 9 18:37:30 UTC 2016

On Fri, 9 Dec 2016 09:03:38 -0700 (MST), Warren Block wrote:
> Personally, I'd rather have a system where the firewalls were
> modular and did not have to be in the base.  Then we could have only one
> in base, which would probably be IPFW, and others could be installed
> from ports.  (Yes, this is non-trivial.)

A situation similar to sendmail or lpr would be nice: A functional
component is included in the base system, but the user can still
choose to install an alternative from ports and use that instead
if he wishes _not_ to use the component supplied with the OS. That
doesn't make it less non-trivial, but more appealing. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany