Looking for some direction

Kyle Evans kevans91 at ksu.edu
Tue Dec 6 06:35:23 UTC 2016

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 10:45 PM, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Dec 2016, Kyle Evans wrote:
>> Sure, their process seems pretty well documented  (putting it at [1],
>> because I'll inevitably lose it and come back to this e-mail for
>> reference). I don't currently have an ESP8266, though, so all I can
>> personally verify is compilation and that the interface bits generally
>> work -- not a whole lot goes wrong there, though.
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/esp8266/esp8266-wiki/wiki/Toolchain
>

> Actually, I meant having ports of the ESP8266 toolchain so the Arduino
> version could be used from FreeBSD.  If you are interested in working on
> that, I'd be happy to send you a NodeMCU board.

Hi,

Yeah, sorry, I should have been more clear. =) It'll be a lot easier
to port the bits that I need because they've got some good
documentation going. Information on the 101's toolchain is more
scattered and not incredibly well documented, so it's looking painful
so far. The GCC bits for the 101 will likely be easy, but flashing
looks pretty non-standard from what I've found.

I might take you up on that offer- it would certainly make testing a lot easier.

Thanks,

Kyle Evans