Replies to spam

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Sat Dec 3 16:14:54 UTC 2016

On Mon, 28 Nov 2016, David I Noel wrote:

>> Forums do so as well, we are usually just not used to terminal
>> browsers.
>
> A forum <=> list interface could solve that problem, no?

I want to apologize, as mentioning the forums was not meant to be a
suggestion to switch to them, but to point out that current computer
users mostly use the web rather than mailing lists.  A web interface to
the mailing lists would be fine, provided it is usable.

The volume of posts to -questions from new users has not been very high
for years. To me, that does not seem like a compelling reason to keep
the list open to posting without subscription.