How long does it take to compile PGAdmin3 for PG-9.6?

Shane Ambler FreeBSD at ShaneWare.Biz
Thu Dec 1 02:17:29 UTC 2016

On 01/12/2016 08:49, James B. Byrne via freebsd-questions wrote:
> I downloaded the port tree and set /etc/make.conf to use PG-9.6 as the
> default.  I then cd'ed into the cd /usr/ports/databases/pgadmin3 and
> issued the command 'make install clean'.  This has been running for 5+
> hours now and I am seeing stuff flying by on the console that seems of
> dubious relevance to PGAdmin.  Things like WebCore/rendering/style
> etc.

Webcore indicates you are building a webkit port - webkit builds are
long and use lots of ram - you could be hitting swap at times to slow
things down. I have a corei7 with 8GB and poudriere webkit-gtk2 builds
take about 1 - 1.5 hours. Once dependencies are in pgadmin should only
take about 5 mins.

pgadmin3 uses wx-gtk which brings in www/webkit-gtk2 through
x11-toolkits/wxgtk30 which has a WEBKIT option that is on by default.

The pgadmin binary links with libwebkitgtk which I think it uses for
it's built-in doc viewer, so it may fail without it.

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler