Problem upgrading from 10.1 to 10.2

George g.lister at nodeunit.ch
Thu Sep 24 09:21:37 UTC 2015

On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 16:13:45 +0930
Shane Ambler <FreeBSD at ShaneWare.Biz> wrote:

> On 23/09/2015 01:40, George wrote:
> > On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 08:04:02 -0453.75

> >> How's about someone fix that file on the mirror as well, if it is
> >> the default repo/mirror, others might bump into the same thing ....
> >> $0.02, no more, no less ....
> >>

> > Now I am not able to ping update4.freebsd.org and update1 so I fixed
> > the address to update2 and the first part works now it stops at:

> > Applying patches... done
> > Fetching 4716 files... failed.
> >
> > I am in Europe if that helps the people who maintain the servers.
> > How do I go about reporting this to them??
>
> You can report bugs at https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/

For the record, after opening the bug report and being prompted to look
with a browser... I remembered that all access goes through a proxy I
disabled the proxy for the machine and everything worked as expected.
There are no issues reported on the proxy end oddly enough but
freebsd-update just says download failed... I guess a timeout of some
sort.

Thanks to everyone. I am installing the upgrade now.
Cheers,
George