HTTPS on freebsd.org, git, reproducible builds

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Fri Sep 18 14:03:43 UTC 2015

On 09/18/15 08:47, Daniel DP. Plominski wrote:

> well, encryption does not cost much, most mobile devices are now fast enough
> for IP obfuscation there vpn providers or anonymity networks like Tor
>
> you should look for "when leaken metadata", customized Firefox
> versionslike the "torbundle" package or FreeBSD features such as:
> disabled tcp timpstamp, activated net.inet.ip.stealth etc.
>
> may be that the most information are not critical of freebsd.org
> on a page about political commitment, however, twice what you click on
>
> in the post snowden/nsa area, i think it is not heard now de rigueur,
> but should be compulsory
>
> best regards
> Daniel Plominski
> Am 18/09/15 um 14:32 schrieb Mark Felder:

Where is that 'net.inet.ip.stealth' setting ? I didn't find it in my
/etc/defaults/rc.conf file ....

[root at kabini1, /etc, 9:09:24am] 347 % grep stealth defaults/rc.conf
[root at kabini1, /etc, 9:09:25am] 348 % uname -a
FreeBSD kabini1.local 9.3-RELEASE-p24 FreeBSD 9.3-RELEASE-p24 #0: Sat
Aug 22 01:54:44 UTC 2015
root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64
[root at kabini1, /etc, 9:09:27am] 349 %

--

	William A. Mahaffey III