HTTPS on freebsd.org, git, reproducible builds

Mark Felder feld at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 18 13:49:04 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015, at 08:46, Glen Barber wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 02:49:01PM +0200, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> > > These days these flaws are more than a bit ridiculous,
> >
> > You seem to be implying that everybody else is doing it except us.  This
> > is not true.  Debian and Fedora are or have been working on it but with
> > no success to date.
> >

> In fact, Debian has been kind enough to even provide a page that shows
> which parts of the FreeBSD build are non-reproducible.
>
> https://reproducible.debian.net/freebsd/freebsd.html
>
> Glen

And I can't applaud them enough for taking initiative and reaching out.
We're all in this together whether or not some people want to admit it.
We just like a slightly different flavor of kool-aid. :-)

--
  Mark Felder
  ports-secteam member