I can't understand why texi2any is missing while it's there

Vittorio De Martino v.demartino at me.com
Wed Sep 9 08:14:30 UTC 2015

I'm trying to compile the R statistical program version 3.2.2  from the original sources under FreeBSD 10.2 but the installation program complains that:

root at metbsd:/R-3.2.2 # make info
ERROR: 'texi2any' v5.1 or later needed but missing on your system.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[2]: stopped in /usr/ports/math/R-new/work/R-3.2.2/doc/manual
*** Error code 1

BUT:

root at metbsd:/R-3.2.2 # which texi2any
/usr/local/bin/texi2any
root at metbsd:/R-3.2.2 # texi2any --version
texi2any (GNU texinfo) 6.0

I really acn't understand what's going on. Could you please help me?
Ciao
Vittorio