Storage question

Paul Kraus paul at kraus-haus.org
Tue Sep 8 22:04:03 UTC 2015

On Sep 8, 2015, at 17:32, Paul Pathiakis via freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Just curious, why not ZFS?  It is extremely stable and then you don't have to worry about properly sizing but you can limit the size of a parition from growing out of control.  Due to the pooling, you have access to all your storage on the drive to all the partitions.

I second the “why not ZFS” question here, even under 9.3. While it a harder to install a zfs-only system under 9.x, you can. I built a number of them before 10.x came out, some still in production. In addition to the ability to (almost) dynamically move space around between “filesystems”, you get the end to end data integrity features.

--
Paul Kraus
paul at kraus-haus.org