Virtualbox 4.3.30 strange problem

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Fri Sep 4 12:20:37 UTC 2015

On Fri, 4 Sep 2015, Mario Lobo wrote:

> Hi there.
>

> I have never had a problem with any virtualbox version.
>
> I don't know what I did or installed or configured, but now, the very
> same version that was working flawlessly, started doing this.
>
> I type VirtualBox on a terminal. No output comes out and the GUI never
> starts. Running truss on the process pid gives me this:

That sounds like the mislinking problem with curl and SSL a few months
ago:

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-emulation/2015-March/012390.html
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-emulation/2015-March/012402.html

I see from that thread that you did not have the problem then, but maybe
it found you this time.

Setting GSSAPI_NONE=on in ftp/curl as shown in the second link above is
the workaround.