Jail causes host to reboot

Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff niklaas at kulturflatrate.net
Wed Sep 2 19:59:10 UTC 2015

On 02/09/15 21:32, Kozlov Sergey wrote:

> Anyways, any userspace program should not be able to crash the kernel,
> so if you don't use self-modified OS and you're sure that everything is
> ok with your hardware, you should really consider adding a bug to
> <https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/>

I was very surprised about that happening, too. I'll further investigate
what happened and will add a bug to the tracking system once I'm sure
that net/syncthing was capable of crashing the kernel.

I don't use a modified OS and since I have been able to stop my jail
with net/syncthing running on it to start during boot everything works
as expected.