fail to fetch vulnxml file each night, as seen in daily security, run output.

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed Sep 2 15:15:48 UTC 2015

On Wed, 02 Sep 2015 10:29:59 -0400, Ernie Luzar wrote:
> My network is on 7/24 so that is not the problem.

Hmmm...

> When I launch http://vuxml.freebsd.org/freebsd/vuln.xml.bz2 in my
> browser I get a 404.
> This means the vuln.xml.bz2  is not present.

You're very fast with your conclusions... :-)

Cannot confirm:

% fetch http://vuxml.freebsd.org/freebsd/vuln.xml.bz2
vuln.xml.bz2                                  100% of  525 kB 1122 kBps

I can download the file just fine, even from within
a web browser.

Are you sure you don't have some strange networking
issue?

Can you, for example, ping vuxml.freebsd.org, and
then open http://vuxml.freebsd.org/freebsd/ (it is
a web page) in your browser?

--
Polytropon