how to change daily cron emails to go to user account instead of root

Ernie Luzar luzar722 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 12:33:56 UTC 2015

Руслан Бурханов wrote:
> Ernie, look:
>
> Open you rc.conf, copy string and modify flags for cron daemon:
>
> cron_flags="-j 60 -m 'YOU at MAIL'"
>
> Then, restart cron daemon (it is not necessary reboot system):
>
> /etc/rc.d/cron restart
>
> Then take a look on cron process:
>
> ps auxww | grep cron
>
> If you doing all okey, it will be something like:
>
> root       561  0.0  0.1  7984  1528  ??  Is    3:16PM   0:00.01
> /usr/sbin/cron -j 60 -m YOU at MAIL -s

Thank you Руслан Бурханов for the informative reply.
I did as you said and still the cron email went to root.instead of to bob.

I edited rc.conf and added this  cron_flags="-m 'bob at mydomain'"
followed by  "service cron restart" console command.
ps auxww console command showed
root 1953 0,0 0.2 10184 1940 -  Is  1:05PM  0:00.30 /usr/sbin/cron  -m
bob at mydomain -s

I am running version 10.2 on the host.  In the /var/log/maillog file I
can see postfix messages showing  root  receiving the emails.
rc.conf hostname= option value is the same as the mydomain value in the
cron_flags=  option.
Looks and acts like cron is not processing the over ride destination at
daily cron security check time.
Other than this problem of over ridding the cron email destination every
thing seems to be working as one would expect.
Is this enough to declare this a bug and submit a bug report?
Can you suggest other tests I can do to help debug this problem?

Thanks
Ernie