Yet another install

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Thu Oct 29 19:32:34 UTC 2015

With the success of my last install (FreeBSD 9.3 RELEASE, MythTV box) I
am prepping to do another box, to be used for code dev. I will be
following the handbook RootOnZFS page (for 9.0 RELEASE) closely, except
for 8 HDD's & 8 GB swap partitions, otherwise almost straight out of
that URL. 1 question. That tutorial shows explicitly setting up a /tmp
ZFS dataset. I plan to use tmpfs. Can I do that on the fly in the
install, or do I have to create that dataset *during* install & setup
for tmpfs *after* install (add stuff to fstab & loader.conf, destroy
/tmp dataset, reboot) ? It's not a huge issue, but I am trying to
streamline & automate my installs, & that lingers as a post-install
configuration task. TIA & have a good one.

--

	William A. Mahaffey III