freebsd-update fetch: No mirrors remaining, giving up.

Romu huruomu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 23:00:34 UTC 2015

> sudo freebsd-update fetch
Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... none found.
Fetching metadata signature for 10.2-STABLE from update.FreeBSD.org...
failed.
No mirrors remaining, giving up.

> freebsd-version
10.2-RELEASE-p5

I don't understand.  Why does freebsd-update consider the system as
10.2-STABLE?  freebsd-version shows 10.2-RELEASE-p5, and this is a virtual
machine cloned from another one which is 10.2-RELEASE-p5, freebsd-update
works just fine on the original vm.

Any help?

Thanks
Romu