GitBook on FreeBSD?

Brandon J. Wandersee brandon.wandersee at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 21:04:31 UTC 2015

Matthias Apitz writes:

> As you see above, I tried it as a normal user und chown'ed the top level
> dir /usr/local/lib/node_modules to his (mine) owner.

This isn't a good idea.

https://docs.npmjs.com/getting-started/installing-npm-packages-locally

Note that I don't use Node.js myself, so if those instructions cause
problems I'm afraid I can't help. I just figured that just as Python
eggs, Ruby gems, and Haskell Cabal packages can be installed locally as
a regular user, so can Node packages. It seems that's the case.

   		      :: Brandon Wandersee ::
                  :: brandon.wandersee at gmail.com ::