FreeBSD 10: no interfaces

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Oct 13 15:50:18 UTC 2015

On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 20:04:09 -0700, Paul Beard wrote:

> > On Oct 12, 2015, at 7:47 PM, Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:
> >
> > You're experiencing the transition from "bind" to "unbound" in
> > the FreeBSD 10 era. :-)
>
> Sounds painful. I’ll see if the pain passes after I lie down…

Probably not. You need to be more active and move your system. :-)

During the upgrade process, make sure you're using the two steps
of "mergemaster"; see the comment header of /usr/src/Makefile for
reference, as well as /usr/src/UPDATING for the instructions. The
"mergemaster" step should properly introduce the new system user
accounts for the "unbound" service.

If you also find your known "bind" tools gone (dig, nslookup etc.),
you can install the dns/bind-tools package afterwards. If you want
to use "bind" instead of "unbound", there's also a port available
for it. You can then also migrate your configuration files to the
new suggested locations.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany