The saga continues

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Tue Oct 6 19:57:06 UTC 2015

On 10/06/15 14:33, Polytropon wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Oct 2015 08:25:06 -0453.75, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
>> >When I went to reboot, the UEFI 'BIOS' reported
>> >'missing MBR record' & hung there.
> Do you have "MBR legacy boot" enabled or forced? When using GPT
> volumes, one of them has to be a "boot partition". Here you can
> find a good illustration of the steps involved:
>
> http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/disksetup.html#_the_new_standard_gpt
>
> By the way, it's more like either "BIOS"_or_  "UEFI".;-)

I have seen that page, & its sibling showing how to setup a RAID1 on 2
disks, *very* helpful, & I think updated recently, they used to have the
MBR stuff at the top of the page & GPT farther down. I am following
http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/gmirror.html pretty closely in
my setup, with a bit of
http://www.ateamsystems.com/tech-blog/installing-freebsd-9-gmirror-gpt-partitions-raid-1/
mixed in (-a 1m, mostly). I am still having issues (I am using both
gmirrors & gstripes, might be an issue), but am plugging away on it, may
have a few more questions in a bit :-/ ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III