freebsd-update keeps wanting to remove .. somthing

RW rwmaillists at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 6 14:11:07 UTC 2015

On Tue, 06 Oct 2015 06:59:07 -0600
Dan Busarow wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On two of the 9.3 boxes I run, freebsd-update has started sending me
> these messages after the actual update to 9.3 p28
> The following files will be removed as part of updating to
> 9.3-RELEASE-p28:
>
> There are no files listed.  Only a single blank line.  Can any one
> suggest a way to find out what file is causing freebsd-update to
> trigger these emails?

There probably isn't one. The list comes from this line:

   comm -23 INDEX-PRESENT.flist INDEX-NEW.flist > files.removed

so, by the look of it, there's just an extra newline in
INDEX-PRESENT.flist.

If you want to debug it I'd start by taking a copy of the files:
INDEX-PRESENT, INDEX-NEW, INDEX-PRESENT.flist and INDEX-NEW.flist.