HP Stream 13 and FreeBSD?

John McDonnell mcdonnjd at pcam.org
Mon Nov 9 13:49:10 UTC 2015

Bah, Outlook is a PITA. Didn't notice it sent directly to Don instead of to the list, sorry about that. Reposting this to the list:

I have access to a bunch of Stream 11 Pros (the rather nice looking grey model produced for education) that is apparently even stranger than the normal Stream 11s. I have not tried putting BSD on it yet (struggling with the PITA of getting Windows 8.1 running on a mere 32GB along with some extra software for our teachers right now) but I can do some tests if needed.

I also have a Stream 13 for myself that I tossed Windows 10 on just to see what it is like. (I accidentally deleted my backup of Windows 8.1 for my Stream 13 as well.) I would like to look into getting FreeBSD running on my Stream 13, but just haven't had the time.

If I get a chance to look into either of these I'll let you know what I find out, or if there's something specific you want me to look at, I can try and find some spare time to do that.

--
John McDonnell
Penn Cambria School District
mcdonnjd at pcam.org