BSDInstall and pc-sysinstall merge

Wolff, Nicholas (Nick) nwolff at oar.net
Fri May 29 18:16:15 UTC 2015

Hello all,

With BSDcan(which I will be at) creeping up on us I was thinking it might a good time for me to ask a question I had for a while.

What is the status of merging BSDInstall and pc-sysinstall? Is this still planned?  https://wiki.freebsd.org/PCBSDInstallMerge

Is anyone looking at syncing pc-sysinstall in freebsd src back in sync with PCBSD some great improvements have been made and bug fixes.

I’m willing and interested in working on both of these as I’m a admin of a good sized server install(100-200 servers) which is currently moving from freebsd8 to freebsd10. Previously we were using a version of sysinstall that my boss had adapted to fit our requirement for remote installs and reinstalls. I now have us using pc-sysinstall for the new freebsd10 build. Originally the version in the freebsd repo and lately the new version out of PCBSD's repo. Anything I can do to get our install at work more mainline is appreciated.

Please let me know if there is a better list to be sent too.

Thanks,

Nick Wolff

Backbone Routing Engineer
Hostmaster