USB to serial adapter

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon May 25 18:10:37 UTC 2015

El día Monday, May 25, 2015 a las 04:05:15PM +0200, Matthias Apitz escribió:

> > what is not working:
> >
> > - if I login as any other unpriv user (and I created a new one for this)
> >   it hangs after presenting the /etc/motd file; it just hangs
> >
> > login: valentin
> > Password: .....
> >
> > Last login: ....
> > FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT (GENERIC) #1 r276659M: Tue Apr 28 15:50:23 CEST 2015
> >
> > Welcome to FreeBSD!
> >
> > (hanging)
>
> I figured out what is causing it: the type of the login shell; it works
> with /bin/csh, it does not work with /bin/sh.

I have two more observations on this:

- when it hangs in the login shell /bin/sh, a Ctrl-C on the terminal
  cancels the hang and a new login: appears;

- regardless of the shell, if one starts the MUA 'mutt' (an alpha-mode
  MUA) and below this a 'vim' to write the mail, on return from 'vim' to
  'mutt' (the vim is already terminated as process) the 'mutt' hangs too
  and on Ctrl-C it resumes normal operation;

I will file a bug issue, even if I don't know exactly for which
component. The system is 11-CURRENT from January of this year, compiled
from SVN source. The ports are anyway, because it is reproducible with
the base system on login with /bin/sh as login shell.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211    +49-176-38902045
"Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden."