from ports Apache install missing options

Jeffry Killen jekillen at prodigy.net
Thu May 21 03:40:32 UTC 2015

I just installed apache22 and was not given an option to include
support for php
There is no evidence in the httpd.conf file that there is any support
for it.

I deinstalled apache22 and made and installed apache24. Same story.
I don't see a port the expressly include support for any such
extension with
apache.

At the very start of the make stage, a long list of options is
presented but
no mention of mod_perl, mod_python, mod_php5, nor any ruby related
modules

Is there a way to do this from ports with a ./configure script? Or,
what is the
alternative?

Just prior I went through the trouble of building and installing php
with a
bunch of extensions. This is intended to be used with apache.

I could just abandon ports and do a manual build of apache  myself I
suppose.

I've done that without memorable trouble on at least 4 machines with
FreeBSD 6.2
(about 8 or 9 years ago). But now I am getting hooked on using ports

Thanks for time attention and patience.
JK