sysutils/screen and net/nss_ldap on stable/10, and LDAP on Novell NetWare 6.5 SP8

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 18 11:30:53 UTC 2015

On 2015/05/18 12:06, Trond Endrestøl wrote:
> I noticed net/nss-pam-ldapd in the ports collection. Is it worth the
> effort to switch from net/nss_ldap to net/nss-pam-ldapd?

I've tried both nss_ldap and nss-pam-ldapd and I prefer the latter -- it
is build around a pretty nice 'nslcd' caching daemon and seems to run
more smoothly in general than nss_ldap.  Plus only one config file to
hookup both pam and nsswitch to LDAP, and it understands LDAP service
autodiscovery via SRV records.

	Cheers,

	Matthew