AD with FreeBSD DNS & DHCP server

Jaime Kikpole jkikpole at cairodurham.org
Sat May 9 08:41:51 UTC 2015

> On May 9, 2015, at 12:25 AM, Olivier Nicole <olivier.nicole at cs.ait.ac.th> wrote:
> What OS do you plan to run you AD on?

I had been thinking of running AD on Windows Server 2012R2.  I'm not opposed to doing this on FreeBSD and Samba, but it would have to be relatively easy and stable.  I also need to use GPOs for Windows 7 and higher, have a GUI to do that, and work with Windows Terminal Services / Remote Desktop.  (This is largely because I'm new enough to GPOs and AD that I need a crutch until I get used to things.  My coworkers are even less used to it than I am.)

> I had to add a bunch of stuff to my DNS to glue the whole thing, I
> more or less copied it from the local DNS server that Samba insisted
> on installing.

Did Samba install its own DNS server software or just put config files for BIND onto the system?

Thanks for the help.

Jaime
--
This electronic message and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or
legally privileged information protected by law from further disclosure and