Compile freebsd kernel on linux

zep zgreenfelder at gmail.com
Fri May 8 13:15:48 UTC 2015

On 05/08/2015 03:55 AM, Pratik Singhal wrote:
> Hello all , I am contributing to a project to FreeBSD kernel as a part of
> Google summer of code 2015.
>
> I have to repeatedly compile FreeBSD current as a part of my my project. So
> far, I have been using Virtualbox for running FreeBSD and for transferring
> file b/w the Linux host and FreeBSD guest I used linuxdcpp application over
> LAN. This process is quite cumbersome and takes a lot of valuable time.
>
> I want to know is there any way in which I can compile freeBSD-current on
> my Linux machine ?
>
> Or is there any way in which I can share files b/w my Virtualbox guest and
> Linux host. (The guest additions don't work I have tried many times) ?

I'm not quite sure what it is you're trying to accomplish, but I'd look
to using NFS.   I'd probably create a local host only interface with say
10.10.10.0/24 for the network and probably have the freebsd VM use
10.10.10.100,  nfs share out to 10.10.10.0/24 and then mount
10.10.10.100:/usr/src /import/freebsd

or something like that.

> Is there some other possible solution to my problem ?
>
> Regards,
> Pratik Singhal

public gpg key id: AE60F64C