Pkg says php 5.6, ports says php5.4

Mel Pilgrim list_freebsd at bluerosetech.com
Mon Mar 30 00:12:08 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-29 14:03, John R. Levine wrote:
>> which ports are you comparing? There's php5 and php56 (both in binary pkg
>> and ports): one is 5.4, one is 5.6.
>
> php5.  Now I'm extremely confused, since /usr/ports/UPDATING says the
> default version is now 5.6, but it looks like it's not.

Yes, there was a change this time around where 5.6 was *added* to the
tree as php56-* and php5-* was left at 5.4.  In the past, it's been the
other way around and the expected change was to php5-* to 5.6 and add
php54-* to the tree.

It definitely caught me out on one machine where I updated php5 to php56
using pkg, then had to add the pgsql extension back in and `pkg install
php5-pgsql` tried to install the 5.4 extension.