Significant memory leak in 9.3p10?

Chris H bsd-lists at bsdforge.com
Fri Mar 27 00:59:58 UTC 2015

On Thu, 26 Mar 2015 20:28:15 -0400 J David <j.david.lists at gmail.com> wrote

> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 8:25 PM, Chris H <bsd-lists at bsdforge.com> wrote:
> > As Kevin already noted; stopping firefox, and starting it again,
> > seems the only solution.
>
> The machines in questions are servers, they do not run Firefox or any
> GUI.  And whatever is using the memory does not show up on ps or top.
Fair enough. I'm still getting caught up, on the thread.

Maybe another "shot in the dark". But speaking of Servers. We
ran into trouble with a web server generating *enormous* error
logs -- a runaway script. The result was, even tho there was
far more than adequate space for the swelling log(s). Memory,
and eventually Swap usage, began to climb quite steadily.

Like I said; maybe a shot in the dark. But just thought I'd
mention it.

> Thanks!
--Chris