FreeBSD recommends not using base unbound for an authoritative server

Chris Stankevitz chrisstankevitz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 19:58:24 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 12:49 PM, Chris Stankevitz
<chrisstankevitz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm still left wondering why the FreeBSD handbook recommends favoring
> ports over base when running an externally visible unbound server.

Turns out, just as Stephen had explained, unbound claims it cannot be
used as an authoritative server.  So I will be using bind or nsd.  The
issue is moot and I no longer feel the need to have the question
answered.

Thank you all for your help,

Chris