Fetching public key from update.freebsd.org... failed.

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 18 07:48:51 UTC 2015

On 18/03/2015 00:52, Laszlo Danielisz via freebsd-questions wrote:
> No matter which server I use it keeps giving me the public key error.
> I can't understand what is happening, the network is fine.
> root at owncloud:/usr/home/beastie # uname -aFreeBSD owncloud
> 10.1-STABLE FreeBSD 10.1-STABLE #0 r279796: Mon Mar  9 16:15:17 UTC
> 2015     root at releng1.nyi.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
> amd64 What am I missing?Thanks!Laszlo

You can't use freebsd-update with 10-STABLE.  It only works with
*release* versions.

If you want to switch to 10.1-RELEASE you should be able to d something
like:

   # freebsd-update -r 10.1-RELEASE upgrade
   # freebsd-update install
   (... and then follow the instructions freebsd-update gives you.  You
    will end up running 'freebsd-update install' three times.)

Otherwise, if you stick with 10-STABLE then you will need to compile
your own world to update.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--