Exist more advantage in doing design using open source or operating system of closed source?

clark designer outlookclark at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 21:36:51 UTC 2015

Exist more advantage in doing design using open source or operating system
of closed source?

For example, using Linux?

BSD?

If yes, what are the advantages?

What distribution Linux and BSD are advisable to use to design for
desktop?

I'm studying baccalaureate in design and want see if exist more advantage
in doing design using open source or operating system of closed source.

I'm starting the course now, but I know that the designer uses the computer
to do the final work.

Examples of disciplines that are part of the course curriculum:

COMPUTER GRAPHICS
COMPUTER GRAPHICS IN 3D
WEB DESIGN
PROJECT GRAPHIC V (DIGITAL)
SEMIOTIC

There Linux distribution, BSD operating system and another operating system
open source that serve to do design?