pkg question upgrade question

Julien Cigar jcigar at ulb.ac.be
Mon Mar 9 20:32:49 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 09, 2015 at 03:18:12PM -0400, doug wrote:
> I added tigervnc to a 10.0-RELEASE-p12 system. Without warning libpng15.so.15

added or upgraded ..? are you sure you arent't in the following
scenario:

1) tigervnc depends on graphics/png (direct dependency)
2) you did "pkg upgrade tigervnc"
3) there was an upgrade for graphics/png too, with a shared library bump
4) pkg upgraded tigervnc, png, and other dependencies

AFAIK pkg doesn't handle this scenario properly as reverse dependencies
of graphics/png aren't upgraded at the same time... and you end up with
a semi-"broken" system :(

I hope this will be fixed in a close future as this is pretty annoying
and limiting