Adding a root CA cert on FreeBSD10

krad kraduk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 14:12:53 UTC 2015

I got mine working fine when i built a transparent ssl proxy. I had to put
all the root certs into /etc/ssl/certs

The filenames had to be a the hash of the cert though. This can be
generated via the following command

 openssl x509 -noout -hash -in <cert>

eg

# openssl x509 -noout -hash -in some_cert
0810bc98
# mv some_cert /etc/ssl/certs/0810bc98.o