Xorg problems

Dutch Ingraham stoa at gmx.us
Sat Mar 7 18:04:21 UTC 2015

On Sat, Mar 07, 2015 at 12:32:50PM -0500, Baho Utot wrote:
> On 03/07/15 11:55, Dutch Ingraham wrote:
> >On Sat, Mar 07, 2015 at 11:33:38AM -0500, scrat wrote:
> >>Ss root entered the following:
> >>/bin/sh
> >>Xorg -configure > xorg.log 2>&1
> >>
> >Hand-configuring xorg has been deprecated; see section 6.4 of the
> >Handbook.  I would start by deleting the generated xorg.confs
> >and trying startx without a config file.
> >

> The same thing occurs, I don't think it is because of the config file. I was
> hoping that if I add a config file I could get past this
>
> Thanks

What video card are you using?  Regardless, I would confirm compatability
by reviewing [1] and if you are using Radeon, confirming the proper
firmware is loaded.  Also review vt(4) and make sure your loader.conf
is properly described.

Lastly, it might be helpful to have the full output of your Xorg.log.

[1] https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics