yum on freebsd 9: No module named sqlite

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 21:16:20 UTC 2015

On 06/25/2015 02:53 PM, Oscar Hodgson wrote:
> Update: yum & createrepo builds / works on 10.1 (with current portsnap).  This added 85 new packages (it’s a pretty clean machine).
>
> Is there anyway to instruct port builds to ‘just build all dependencies with the default options and let me know if it doesn’t work out?’
>
> Oscar
>
> On Jun 22, 2015, at 11:36 AM, Oscar Hodgson <oscar.hodgson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> Is anyone running yum successfully on release 9?
>
> I am trying to get a yum repository running on FreeBSD 9-RELEASE-p17 in order to replace a Linux machine.  /usr/ports is current.  sysutils/yum (3.4.3_2) builds cleanly, ‘yum’ fails to start with the above error.  Yum is essentially 100% python.
>
> /usr/ports/databases/py-sqlite3 is installed.  There is no ‘py-sqlite’ package in ports.  This error extends to various yum components (i.e. import sqlitesack, import sqlutils, and so forth).
>
> I am stymied.  Going through the ports code has not been enlightening.  Any suggestions?
>
> Oscar

As much as I like yum, the thing about dependencies could
really frustrate some or a lot of users when they try to install
some favorite package/s of theirs, and the dependencies will
clash with the existing installations. Perhaps it is a bullet every
will have to bite ? :) :)
This will be especially true of older, no longer supported packages,
or packages from other BSD clones.